Carneros Wineries Video Tour
Explore the Carneros Wineries
Loading the player ...
Visit our YouTube Channel to watch beautiful HD on your TV.
Discover the best Carneros wineries for you!
- Customize for only the wineries you want to visit.
- Full database list with personalization filtering.
Carneros is just north of San Francisco Bay in the south end of both Napa and Sonoma Counties. It is cooled by Bay breezes and fog more than the regions to the north. Carneros has long been a favorite for white wines which don't require as much heat as most reds. Within Carneros are two outstanding sparking wine estates that aren't to be missed. While this region is located on the way to the more well-known regions to the north it doesn't seem to get crowded in the tasting rooms. Many of the wineries have a remote feel to them. There are many treats here for the wine adventurer. Lodging and dining is mostly in the town of Sonoma and in the city of Napa. Both are very short drives from the wineries.
- Jim Preston
Must See Carneros Wineries - an introduction to the region.
- Viansa Winery
- Architecture and ambiance - Outstanding Italian architecture.
- Landscaping - Extensive landscaping with gardens and stonework.
- View - The view of SF Bay and Sonoma Valley is one of the best in California wine country.
- Gloria Ferrer Champagne Caves
- Campaign tastings - try the sparkling wine flight on the deck for pure relaxing luxury.
- Architecture and ambiance - charming old Spanish estate.
- View - Expansive view of the Sonoma Valley and Carneros to SF Bay.
- Domaine Carneros
- Campaign tastings - sparkling wine flights served on the deck for more relaxing luxury.
- Architecture and ambiance - charming French chateau.
- View - Expansive view of lower Napa Valley and mountains.
- Larson Family Winery
- Setting - ranch setting with animals.
- Ambiance - tasting in the old barn.
- Buena Vista Winery
- Architecture and interior ambiance - Old vine covered stone building with a cozy romantic interior.
- Picnic sites - multiple shaded sites for excellent selection.
- History - California's oldest operating winery.
AdobeRoad Winery in the town of Sonoma has a quaint and rustic Old West style tasting room on the Sonoma Plaza.
Off-The-Beaten-Path Carneros Wineries
Romantic Carneros Wineries
A special ambiance for long quiet conversations and enjoying love. Usually we have a secluded outdoor scene in mind.
Jacuzzi Family Winery has beautiful Italian style architecture and grounds. Climb up inside the tower for a great view!